I was tagged by the lovely Weaving Fiction to do the Sunshine Blogger Awards tag.
If you haven’t already, go check out her page and give her a wee follow to see all her reviews and writing tips.
1) What is your favorite, very specific genre to read? i.e 19th-century romance or Japanese inspired fantasy
I love a good historical fiction from either 1800’s or ancient Rome, but I also have a huge love for fantasy.
2) Explain your star rating system!
1 star means that it was horrible and I can’t find anything nice to say
2 stars are for books that I can find nice things to say
3 stars mean that it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t amazing
4 stars are for books that I love and I would recommend it to others
5 stars means that I completely loved it and will reread it over and over again.
3) How many books do you like to read at once?
One. I only like to read one at a time because if I read more then one at a time and I’m not falling in love as much with one of those books, I’ll put it down and won’t pick it back up. So, I like to stick to one at a time and then pick up another book.
4)What is your perfect reading environment?
I prefer reading on the couch or on my bed when I’m the only one in the house. It’s all the sweeter when it’s raining and I can cuddle up beneath a fluffy blanket with a hot cup of tea.
5)Short books, or long books & why?
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I feel like long books and other times I prefer a quick read.
6)Tell us about a book that haunts you, and why
I can’t think of one in all honesty
7)What inspired you to start blogging & how long have you been blogging?
I was inspired during university. In class we had individually start and manage a blog for a few weeks and mine was centered around book reviews. I had so much fun with it that I decided to start up my own permanent blog. I’ve been running my blog now for just over a year.
8)What is your go-to book recommendation that you can’t shut up about?
Six of Crows By Leigh Bardugo. I read this book back in August and I loved it to pieces. The characters are so unconventional and the plot was so different from other YA books.
9)What fairytale/folktale would you love a retelling of?
Sleeping Beauty! Some fairytale’s have been over done but I would love to see a dark and twisted version of Sleeping Beauty like the original brothers grimm.
10)aside from blogging, tell us three hobbies you love
1 Hiking. I love going hiking with my friends and family
2 Writing is my biggest hobby. I write everyday. Usually either a new poem or part of the novel that I’m working on at the time.
3 Taking care of animals is my third. I’m a small town girl from a family of farmers, so I’ve taken care of cows, horses and everything in between. I’ve also volunteered at an equestrian center. I love animals big and small.
11)Name a book that made you cry
The last book that mane me cry was Frankly in Love by David Yoon. There was one scene that made me cry like a little baby.
And here are my questions for you of you choose to do this tag!
- What is the last book you strongly disliked?
- Explain your star rating system!
- Are you a pineapple on pizza kinda gal?
- What is your perfect reading environment?
- Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters, or a boring plot with amazing characters?
- How many books are you currently reading, and which one is your favorite so far?
- What inspired you to start blogging & how long have you been blogging?
- Do you prefer MG, YA, NA, or adult books?
- What fairytale/folktale would you love a retelling of?
- aside from blogging, tell us three hobbies you love
- Name a book that made you cry